Summary: Dashboards allows you to have a comprehensive view on your data by having multiple charts together on one page. You can resize, move and remove charts and do other actions from the dashboard page.
Dashboards are a great way to group your charts together to tell a story or to monitor performance on a frequent basis. Any question you ask can be pinned to a dashboard by using the pin to dashboard button in the top right corner of the answer area. You can add as many charts as you need to a single dashboard.
Renaming a dashboard
The dashboard name is set when you pin a question to a new dashboard. The name can be edited from the dashboard page by clicking on it and then amending it.
Resizing, Moving, Removing and downloading Charts
Charts can be easily resized and moved through the dashboard’s page fluid layout. below is the list of actions you can do for each chart:
- Resizing a chart: To resize a chart, drag the bottom right corner and expand its area to the required size. Note that the size can be set to multiples of the smallest unit available, this ensures charts are neatly stacked next and on top of each other. Also note that the default size for any chart is 2 units width by 2 units height, except for Scorecard charts which have a smaller default size of 1 x 1.
- Moving a chart: To move a chart, simply click and hold it from its title area and then move to the required location.
- Removing a chart from the dashboard: To remove a chart, simply click on the close icon on its top right corner. Note that the chart will be immediately removed after you confirm the deletion, even if you do not save the dashboard afterwards.
- Downloading a chart: You can download a specific chart in the dashboard, in pdf or png formats, using the download button on the top right corner of the chart area.
- Editing Questions and Opening in Full View Mode: To edit a question in the dashboard or explore in full view mode, click on the edit icon on the top right corner of the chart area. This will open the explore page in a new browser tab. To edit the question, amend on the question text, chart selection or their settings and click save. Go back to the Dashboard tab and click refresh to see the updated chart.
Saving a dashboard
After any change on the charts in the dashboard, click the save button to save your changes. If you navigate away from the page without saving your changes (except for removing charts) , your changes will be lost.
Saving a dashboard copy
You can create a copy of the existing dashboard by clicking on the three dot menu and selecting the option “Save a copy”. Give the new dashboard a name and clicks save. After saving a copy, you will be redirected to the newly created dashboard.
Download a Dashboard
You can export the contents of the dashboard into a pdf document. This can be done by clicking on the three dot menu on top right corner and selecting “Download as PDF”.